Belfast, Northern Ireland
Senior Engineer @RipleyChat - A Chatbot Company
Ripley Chat Senior Engineer Job Description
Live chat has gained real prominence in recent years, this has been as prevalent in the automotive sector as any other. Much has been made of Conversational AI, whilst there is still a reticence from some consumers to engage with Chatbots.
Ripley Chat’s vision is to change the face of live chat in the Automotive sector. Not simply through the use of chatbot technology, but by changing the approach to both consumers who use the product, and the dealers and marketplaces we supply.
We already work with big names in automotive including Motors.co.uk, RAC and Used Cars Northern Ireland. We have ambitions to work with all major brands, dealers and manufacturers. This will be achieved through a clear strategy differentiation, but more importantly by the people at Ripley Chat.
As a business in its startup phase, we are reliant on everyone being involved in the strategy, tactics and operational future of the business. If the opportunity to influence the future of the business you work in is inspiring to you, then Ripley Chat is the company for you.
Attributes and Characteristics
As the first full-time hire in our development team, the person we are looking for must be:
- A self-starter, able to work on their own initiative and contribute to the direction of the business through analysis and collaboration.
- Confident to liaise with customers (in tandem with commercial teams) to solve problems, improve performance and explore new ideas and ways of working.
- Flexible in how they work, able to cope with and indeed contribute to a fast-paced, inevitably changeable environment.
- Tenacious in their attitude. Everyone in our team will need to show the drive and determination to overcome inevitable setbacks, whilst delivering on our vision to improve the experience of the user and our customers.
- £50,000-£60,000 GBP ($65,000-$78,000 USD)
- Remote (WFH)
Essential Technical Requirements:
- Experience with Ruby (or Ruby on Rails)
- Strong understanding of Sinatra Framework & PostgresSQL
- Experience with Data & APIs
Desired Technical Requirements:
- Experience with Heroku & Redis
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with live chat products/widgets
- Experience working with chatbots & statistics
- Experience working with data or technology products within the Automotive Industry.
- Able to produce and review estimates, ensuring that they represent a deliverable and commercially-viable solution.
- Experience in technically leading programmes of work, making all the significant decisions that affect technology choices and solution strategy.
- Capable of providing technical thought leadership and guidance to clients.
- Capable of producing technical & product roadmaps. Designing new features and functionality, estimating & creating a backlog.
- A thought leader, who is able to provide valuable advice and guidance to clients and manage relationships with clients and 3rd party suppliers.
- Excellent understanding of solutions deployment and operation as well as functionality.
- Excellent communicator, able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and concepts to people at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate with designers and facilitate UX/UI handoff to development.
- Ability to architect solutions and interact with customers as a solution architect to advise on implementation.
- Broad business & technology experience and a thorough awareness of evolving technology trends and their potential impact on current & future business applications.
- Confident in dealing with 3rd Party APIs and consulting with customers/leading technical implementation.
- Ability to create strong, clear technical documentation.
Who you are:
- You enjoy high degrees of ownership and autonomy.
- You are not afraid of ‘figuring it out.
- You enjoy working in small teams with flat hierarchies.
- You enjoy face-paced startup environment.
- You delight in shipping product.
How to Apply
- Please email your CV to email@example.com
Browse other jobs