Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
As a React Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Product teams, playing a critical role in developing world class commercial software used by our lead planners & clients. Our goals are focused on developing a product to improve the financial lives of millions.
A successful candidate would be proficient in modern front and back end tools and development methodologies. As well as being interested in learning new languages, technology stacks, tackling large and complex problems, and the ability to work both independently and in a peer programming environment.
Tremendous growth potential exists at Facet - your growth opportunities are virtually unlimited. We are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potential through active mentorship. We value drive, ownership, and commitment as we grow our company.
- Collaborate with Product and Planners to define solutions to problems
- Design, develop, and test code written in Golang and React and deployed to AWS
- Estimate tickets in a ScrumBan process
- Commit code constantly to Git/Bitbucket in a mainline development environment
- Write all the tests. Frustrated about never having time for tests? Not at Facet
- Pair program with other developers as desired
- Participate in daily standups
- Participate in weekly “Tech Stack Tuesdays” to learn new development skills and techniques
- Participate in bi-weekly “Fast Fridays” focused on performance improvements in the app
- Participate in in quarterly 3 day Hackathons and win fun prizes
- Constant learning and personal growth
- Excited about learning new skills and working in a startup environment where change is normal
- 3-8 years of React development experience
- Go, Java, .NET Core, Node.js, or other web-development framework
- Relational databases experience, MySQL is preferred
- Experience with Golang and React
- Experience with AWS: ECS, EC2, RDS, S3
- Experience with the REST Architectural style
- Experience with The Clean Architecture
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with frontend toolchains such as Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt
- Experience with frontend testing tools and frameworks such as Mocha/Chai, BrowserStack, Puppeteer
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration, regression, performance)
- Experience with responsive design and PWAs
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with FinTech APIs such as Plaid, Finicity, Yodlee, APEX, Orion
Perks & Benefits
- Annual salary based on experience (salary to be determined by the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as alignment with market data)
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short- and long-term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid parental leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’ve consciously built an equitable and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to bring their authentic selves to work. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Browse other jobs